rises on a panoramic hill near the city of Macerata.
The territory and the hill on which Mogliano rises were inhabited
since Picen age as demonstrated through the
The present Mogliano however it is of medieval origin
and it is perhaps linked to the time of the first barbaric
The first testimony of the existence of the village is given
by Benedictines monks of the Abbey of Farfa
who arrived after 898 as a result of the
Saracen invasions and kept the property of the village until
to the end of X century.
Subsequently some churches were erected by some monastic institutions
on the territory and were built up the defensive walls
and the Castle, symbol of Mogliano.
It passed then under the infuence of the Church
where remained until the moment of its unification to the
Reign of Italy (1860).
Every year in Mogliano, during the the San Giovanni Battista's
celebrations, takes place the “Race of the flags”,
a race on foot between the five contrades of the historical