It's located in a dominant
position on the green Aso valley this splendid and perfectly
conserved medieval village few kilometers
from the adriatic coast.
The origin of the name Moresco is uncertain.
Connected to the arrival of Saracens in the Middle Ages or
to the construction of a fortress for the defense of the Saracen
incursions or with reference to the pebbly land (in dialect
Anyway Moresco appeared for the first time at the beginnig
of the XI century in a parchment conserved
in Fermo. In the XII
century belonged to a count Tebaldo from Moresco
in order to pass then to Fermo.
Federico II and its son Manfredi managed
to take the possession of the Castle that soon returned to
being property of the city of Fermo.
It was then a Malatesta's property (XIV
cent.) and therefore went again to Fermo,
always to the center of the disputes with the city of Ascoli.
It remained in this situation until the moment of its unification
to the Reign of Italy in 1860.
Moresco astonishes for the integrity of its village and for
the presence of the Castle of Moresco surrounded
by walls and for its characteristic eptagonal tower
(XII century). An lower tower, said of the Orologio
(Clock), is located in the other part of the village in proximity
of its door of access flanked from a beautiful portico.
The churches of Moresco are located outside of the town-walls:
the Parrocchiale of San Lorenzo, the Church of Santa Sofia
with frescoes, the Church of San Lorenzo, and that one of
the Madonna of the Elm tree with frescoes by Vincenzo Pagani.