Not too far from Taverna is where one will come across Albi,
a city with which it shares its history. It is situated on
the edges of the Sila National Park.
The settlement began around the period of battles between
the Angioinians and Aragonese (XV century) after the destruction
of neighbouring Taverna. Its inhabitants founded Albi on land
belonging to Agostino Albio, from which its name derives.
The village followed the history of Taverna for centuries,
from which it was freed only during 1806 when it became an
A visit to the City
The Saints Pietro and Paolo Church preserves a sculpture
in its interior, depicting the Madonna with Child by Bottone
(1574) and a painting of the Madonna with Child between Saints
Girolamo and Sebastiano.
The Santa Maria delle Grazie or dell'Oliveto Church dominates
the area, though sadly in a state of abandonment.
The ruins of the Pèsaca Abbey is worth a visit. It
dates back to the X century and is the work of Basilian monks.
For its geographic position, Albi is an ideal base to enjoy
naturalistic excursions to the Sila National Park.
Place of interest
- Parrocchiale di SS. Pietro e Paolo (XVI sec.)
- Chiesetta di San Filippo
- Chiesa Santa Caterina
- Chiesa di Santa Maria della Misericordia
- Chiesetta di Santa Maria delle Grazie o dell'Oliveto
- Palazzo Garcea
- Ruderi dell'Abbazia di Pesaca (X sec.)
- Visita a Taverna
- Escursione a Buturo
- Nessun Museo segnalato
- The Feast of the Nativity in the Parochial Church of SS
Pietro and Paolo on 6th January;
- Albere Carnival;
- Festival of typical Calabrian products in March;
- Festival of San Nicola of Tolentino on 13th March;
- Festival on 25th April; Festival of Trees in April;
- Festival of Workers on 1st May;
- Festival of the Rainbow on 16th June;
- Procession of Corpus Domini on 25th June;
- Grand Bands Concert;
- Summer in Albi from July to September;
- Cronoscalata (mixed entertainment) of Sila Piccola (Albi-Vill.
- Festival of San Nicola Tolentino on 9th and 10th September;
- Feast of All Saints on 1st November;
- Feast of the Armed Forces on 5th November;
- Commemoration of the Fallen in War on 5th November;
- Feast of San Giovanni on 31st December;
- Christmas in Albi from 8th to 31st December.