FERDINANDO DI PUGLIA
Close to Canosa and Cerignola,
on a hill of the Tavoliere (Apulian Table), which dominates
a territory cultivated with olives and vineyards, is where
one will find San Ferdinando di Puglia.
The centre was founded
in 1848 by King Ferdinando II of Naples to help agricultural
production in this land which was destined for centuries as
One can visit the Civic Museum in San Ferdinando, which hosts
archaeological artefacts from the High Medieval Neolithic
period and which were found in the territory, together with
an ethnographic section.
Sacred Hypogeans were found in the Terra di Corte area, dating
back to the XVIII Century BC.
The City is famous for its artichoke production, which during
May and October, becomes protagonist of an important fair.